Really, I wasn't.
You see, bloggers all over the internet are doing year-in-review posts and, initially, I wasn't going to join them.
Now I don't want you to think that I'm some kind of party pooper. I swear I'm tons of fun. It's just that I'm only eleven short days away from my blogiversary, and I was kind of envisioning a round-up post for that occasion.
But in the end, I couldn't wait.
Call me impatient.
(Call me a blogger who has nothing planned for her blogiversary.)
Whatever you call me, do it after you check out this post ;)
I decided to limit myself to one post per month for the round-up. It wasn't easy to pick just 12 out of my 105. I didn't always pick the most "popular" posts because I wanted to mix things up a bit. (Plus I'm kinda sick of looking at some of the more popular ones ;)
JANUARY THROUGH APRIL
|Clockwise from upper left: January, February, March, April.|
Above you see posts from January 2012 through April 2012.
- For January I had to pick my very first post. If I had known then how much this blog would grow and how important it would become to me, I would have been shocked. Check it out if you'd like to see how it all began.
- For February I chose my one and only Wordless Wednesday post. (For those of you who don't read a lot of blogs, Wordless Wednesday is kind of a "thing." But it's a thing I don't usually do because I tend to be kinda, well, wordy... ;) This particular post was about a trip we took to Joshua Tree National Park. We just booked another trip for February and I can hardly wait to go again.
- For March I chose NOT to highlight my punch box post because, really, how many times can I drag that puppy out and parade it around the neighborhood? Instead I picked a post about the flower petal lantern I made for my daughter's room which I know a lot of other people enjoyed as well.
- Finally, for April, I picked what is probably my favorite post of all time. Sometimes the words come flowing right out of me and sometimes I have to pull them out kicking and screaming. My first succulent post was one of the easy ones. Plus it was funny. And it was one of the first times (besides Joshua Tree) when I was actually proud of my photography.
MAY THROUGH AUGUST
|Clockwise from upper left: May, June, July, August.|
- May was a hard month for me blogging-wise because my trusty laptop died, leaving me to blog on my phone. I did enjoy this little post on berry infused ice cubes, though, so I decided to go with that one.
- June was the month my older daughter graduated from elementary school. To celebrate I made these nifty chocolate graduation caps. Thank you Pinterest!
- In July I made an old standby recipe: Raspberry Brownie Cake. It seems that quite a few people made it for Christmas this year because it was viewed a lot during the last two weeks of December!
- While the succulent post was my favorite post, my favorite project was the sleepover birthday cake that I made for my younger daughter, so naturally that was my choice for August.
SEPTEMBER THROUGH DECEMBER
|Clockwise from upper left: September, October, November, December.|
- In September my daughter decided to get in on the creating and blogging. She came up with a recipe for pizza muffins which I blogged about here.
- October was all about Halloween and my younger daughter's DIY jellyfish costume. Read about it here.
- When I threw together this little post I never imagined it would be so popular. But this is the internet and apparently the internet loves a good mason jar ;) so, here ya go...
- Finally we have these fun little present toppers. It was hard to choose a post for December because I also really loved the paint chip gift tags and my present wrapping party. Not exactly Sophie's Choice I know, but I did warn you in my very first post that this would be a blog about first world problems ;)
So that's it. My year-in-review.
I am truly looking forward to 2013 and all of the fun and creativity that will come with it.
Happy New Year everyone!