Megan over at "Our Pinteresting Family" tagged me today in a little game of Q&A. Before I answer her questions I recommend you pop over to her site. If you're a Pinterest Junkie like I am you won't be disappointed.
So here's how it works. Megan asked eleven questions which I'm going to answer. I then need come up with eleven new questions and tag someone else. Let's begin:
- I actually had two first pets: a pair of goldfish whom I named Trixie and Red. In hindsight those names made them sound a little bit like working girls...
2. Which season do you prefer and why?
- Summer, without a doubt. I love sunshine, long days, and summer fruits. I also like the freedom of summer vacation.
- Dude, I do not know if I can name just one place. Here are just a few by category.
- For groceries: Trader Joe's and Fresh & Easy.
- For the house: HomeGoods, Pottery Barn and West Elm.
- For one-stop shopping: Target.
- For the thrill of the hunt: thrift stores (especially Amvets, Goodwill and The Salvation Army).
- Lately? I blog. Or think about blogging. Beyond that I love to work out, read, go to the movies and get together with friends.
- Hmmm... I really loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That might surprise people but it was an excellent show. I also loved The Sopranos; that was some quality television (albeit somewhat violent). If you want to know my favorite network it's HGTV all the way.
6. Do you like to garden? If no, why?
- No, because I hate killing innocent plants. My thumbs are as brown as they come.
- Does my house count?? If not I would have to say either our vacation to Maui three years ago or our vacation to Atlantis last summer.
- Probably junior or senior year of high school. I liked my school and my classes. I had good teachers and good friends. I hope my kids are that happy when they're 16.
- Beyond the obvious people like Ghandi and Martin Luther King I would have to say my husband. He is the hardest working person I know and I do not say that lightly. He is also just... good. He has a good heart. He's an amazing father. Plus he's really cute.
- Hmmm... I'd love to hear how other people would answer that. If I had to guess I'd say that they could figure out my interests (crafting, cooking, etc.). They'd know I like the color green. They'd know that I'm...wordy...
11. If you could name a lipstick color...what would it be called?
- I have NO idea. If I come up with something good, I'll revisit this question.
Now the next thing I am supposed to do is tag some other people and come up with eleven new questions. First the bloggers: I'm choosing two people I know in real life, my friend Marie over at Cafe Pangaea and my sister-in-law Linda at Stitch Sister.
Marie's blog is all about her journey into wheat/gluten-free living. In addition to posting amazing recipes she also shows readers how to embrace the wheat-free lifestyle without giving up the rest of your life ;)
Besides being a rockstar sister-in-law, Linda is also a mother, wife, accountant and quilter. Stitch Sister focuses mostly on the quilts but it touches on other topics as well. (Like my cute nephews.)
Ladies, here are your questions:
Ladies, here are your questions:
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- Name one thing about yourself that most people would be surprised to learn.
- What blogs do you read religiously?
- If money were no object, where would you live and why?
- What fashion choice do you look back on with regret? (Bonus points if you post a picture; I wish I could find one of my mall hair circa 1988.)
- Post a link to your favorite blog post to date.
- What was the first job you ever had?
- What song in your music collection would you consider your guiltiest pleasure?
- Fill in the blank: I would die a happy woman if I discovered that ____________ read my blog.
- What is your favorite "tip" to share with other people? It can be a product you love, a great place to get a bargain, and easy kitchen tip, your favorite book (anything, really).
- What don't you know how to do with your blog that you'd love to learn?
Ladies, it is up to you if you'd like to tag other people. No pressure at all. (You can use these questions or make up your own.) And if any of my other readers want to answer these questions on their blogs (and tag others), please feel free to do so. I'd love to hear what you have to say.